Senior Analytics and Information Analyst
UCOL - Palmerston North - Manawatu
An exciting permanent full time opportunity has arisen for a Senior Analytics and Information Analyst. You will be joining our dynamic, motivated and experienced team to provide internal clients with key business information and analysis, and to be the centre of expertise at UCOL for business information reporting, analytics and data management.
This senior role will have you providing high-level expertise and leadership to UCOL’s internal clients and stakeholders for the provision of key business information and reporting at UCOL. High quality analysis and advice on UCOL's educational and organisational activities and performance will enable UCOL to make decisions and plans based on meaningful, well-researched and robust data. It will also assist in identifying potential future risks and opportunities to further UCOL’s core business activities.
Being someone who can see the big picture and work with senior executives to provide evidence-based advice will be a key component of this role.
You will be a team player, with excellent communication skills (both written and verbal) and have the ability to manage assignments independently.
You should also have the demonstrated ability in the following
- Expert skills in the design and development of modern user interfaces, to provide intuitive information dashboards and reports.
- A strong understanding of best practices in the design and management of organisational master data.
- Data Warehousing, Data Analysis, and Business Intelligence methodologies, and the use of such capability to drive business activity and continuous improvement.
- Identifying client requirements and translating these into design specifications for new or enhanced systems.
- Excellent skills in Microsoft SQL and PowerBI.
- Effective communication with stakeholders at all levels
- Providing successful outcomes by handling difficult situations and working with various customers and management levels
- Proven analytical and troubleshooting skills
- Can work in a fast paced environment
- Managing multiple priorities and following through on projects to completion.
To be successful in this role you will need
- Proven ability to positively influence and create buy-in
- Proven experience in working in a small team towards common goals
- Excellent communication skills (verbal, written and listening) where internal and external customers are able to clearly understand and be understood
The position requires the ability to work with a variety of different business departments and academic Faculties with a strong focus on customer service levels and working within a dynamic team. The position is based the Palmerston North campus however it may also require travel to either the Wairarapa or Whanganui UCOL campuses.
Cultural fit will be key; this is a great team, diverse in its thinking and we are looking for someone who brings a genuine can-do attitude, and the ability to collaborate with your colleagues to deliver our strategic initiatives.
In return, we can offer you:
A vibrant and energetic culture with staff who are passionate about what they do
Modern office environment located in Central Palmerston North
If this sounds like you, please apply today and don't miss this opportunity.